Today would have been my father's 70th birthday and oh how I wish he was here to celebrate it. It is hard to believe that he has been gone for 15 years. Sometimes it seems just like yesterday that he died and other times it seems like he has been gone forever. I miss him everyday. There are so many things that I want him to know--
- I love him dearly and he is on my mind most days. There are still times when I think about telling him something or about how he would have really liked something. We would talk everyday on the phone about any and everything and nothing important. Some days he would just call me to tell a corny joke. Speaking of which, dad would have really liked the movie Wall-E because dad collected as much junk as Wall-E.
- I am still teaching school dad and I know that it made you proud of me. I really feel like I am making a difference in many peoples lives with teaching the GED program. (You see, dad got his GED too.) I tell my students about you getting your GED and how you succeed in life. Did I ever tell you how proud I was of you?? I hope I did.
- Kandis has grown into a wonderful young lady dad. She is married to a great, hardworking guy and they have 2 beautiful children. I am proud of her. She is a great wife and mother. She is able to stay at home with the kids and I am thankful for that. You would love these 2 great grandkids-- they are the best.
- Steve is married to a wonderful lady he met back at Fort Polk. Drew has grown into wonderful young man and will be starting college in the fall. Tara is married and has 3 beautiful daughters and Shawna has a growing family with 2 children and 3 step-children which means that Steve is a grandpa- he-he. Steve has a beautiful place on a lake that you would love. He is still in the Army dad.
- Mike and Rachel have a beautiful little boy named Christopher Michael and he is the spitting image of Mike. I wish you could have met him. The "5" looks great because Mike takes such good care of his home, property and family.
- Gina is married to great guy and they have 4 kids. She also gets to stay at home to raise her kids and that is awesome. She has grown into a wonderful woman and you would be happy for her.
- Mom and Lyman are now in Phoenix and boy would you love to visit there. You often talked about going there- did you ever make it? I have been a couple of times and it is a beautiful place.
- Marilyn is doing good. She has found someone to share her life with and that is a good thing because we didn't want to see her lonely.
We all miss you Dad. You are always on our minds and will forever be in our hearts.
I love you-
Texas Travel – Rough Creek Lodge and Resort
3 days ago